Age and Residence Requirements
RESIDENCE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Palo Alto Little League is open to all children residing in Palo Alto and Stanford who will be between the ages of 5 and 13 years old. NOTE: Residents of East Palo Alto have local organizations serving their community.
A note to parents of non-resident players attending school in Palo Alto:National Little League has begun to allow players attending school in Palo Alto to play in Palo Alto Little League. Players are also eligible to play in the Little Leagues where they reside. See this page for the details of submitting a waiver document for a child who is registered in a Palo Alto school.
All teams share common facilities and community resources, drawing their players from registrants residing within the city limits of Palo Alto and Stanford, California. The Palo Alto Little League program is currently organized into two divisions at the Majors level:
Palo Alto National
The geographical boundaries of the common pool are defined and established in our League Charter and are strictly enforced. A player must be deemed to reside within the prescribed boundaries at the time of registration, and may continue their eligibility even if their residence changes provided that their participation is continuous and that the League is notified of any change in residence. Enrollment of an applicant in a school located within the city limits of Palo Alto or the employment of a parent or guardian within Palo Alto alone does NOT satisfy Little League residency requirements.
A player will be deemed to reside with the league boundaries if his/her parents are living together and are residing within the league boundaries OR either of the player’s parents (or his/her court-appointed legal guardians) resides within such boundaries. “Residence,” “reside,” and “residing” refers to a place of bona fide continuous habitation. A place of residence, once established, shall not be considered changed unless the parents, parent, or guardian makes a bona fide change in residence.
Residence shall be established and supported by THREE OR MORE documents of residency of such parent(s) or guardian, including, but not limited to, the following:
- 1. Driver’s License.
- 2. Voter’s Registration.
- 3. School Records.
- 4. Welfare Records.
- 5. Federal, state and local records.
- 6. Support payment records.
- 7. Homeowner or tenant property insurance records.
- 8. Utility bills. (PA utilities, telephone, cable are all considered one source. Two others, from list above, are required.)
Determination and validation of a player’s “Little League Age” is essential for placement into the appropriate level of play and to qualify for post-season Tournament play in the advanced levels. Adequate documentation must be presented at the time of the original registration of a player in the league, and re-examination of the documentation will be required prior to qualification for Tournament play. Original proof-of-age documents issued by federal, state or provincial registrars of vital statistics, or local offices thereof, are acceptable proof of age, provided the documents were issued within thirty (30) days of the birth of the child. Such documents may be photocopies. A “Statement in Lieu of Acceptable Proof of Birth” issued by a Little League Regional Headquarters is also acceptable; contact the PALL Director of Registration for instructions regarding how to obtain such a statement.
NOT ACCEPTABLE AS SOLE PROOF OF BIRTH: Baptismal Certificate; Certificate of Blessing; Certificate of Dedication; Certificate of Circumcision, etc.; Hospital Certificate; photocopied records.
To Determine Your Child's Little League Age: https://www.littleleague.org/play-little-league/determine-league-age/
September 1, 2012 & August 31, 2013: 5
September 1, 2011 & August 31, 2012: 6
September 1, 2010 & August 31, 2011: 7
September 1, 2009 & August 31, 2010: 8
September 1, 2008 & August 31, 2009: 9
September 1, 2007 & August 31, 2008: 10
May 1, 2006 & August 31, 2007: 11
May 1, 2005 & April 30, 2006: 12
May 1, 2004 & April 30, 2005: 13
- If your child is 5 by 8/31/18 Tee-Ball
- If your child is 6 by 8/31/18 Tee-Ball or Coach Pitch (by parent request if player played PALL Tee-Ball last Spring)
- If your child is 7 by 8/31/18 Coach Pitch
- If your child is 8 by 8/31/18 AA (formerly Pitching Machine)
- If your child is 9 by 8/31/18 AAA (Kid Pitch) (default) or PCL/Majors via Tryout and Draft*
- If your child is 10 by 8/31/18 AAA (Kid Pitch) (default) or PCL/Majors via Tryout and Draft*
- If your child is 11 by 8/31/18 PCL or Majors via Tryout and Draft*
- If your child is 12 by 8/31/18 Majors via Tryout and Draft* or 50/70 via Tryout -- PCL at parents’ option (specify preference during registration)
- If your child is 13 by 4/30/18 50/70
* A manager draft is used at Majors and PCL (Minors) levels. Players who have previously played in PCL or Majors MUST ATTEND A TRYOUT to be guaranteed placement in the same league.