COVID-19 Related Updates and Information
Updated March 27, 2020
As you may have already heard, PAUSD has announced that schools will not resume until at least May 1. So even though we knew it to be unlikely, we can now say definitively that our hope of restarting the season after Spring Break on April 13 will not happen.
Update March 13, 2020
Dear PALL Community,
It is with the heaviest of hearts that we need to communicate this - but our collective love of baseball, our kids playing, and the league is now secondary. The biggest strength of our league is the PALL community, and we must collectively protect one another.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and Little League International's guidance to suspend activities, the PALL Board has voted to suspend Little League practices, games, and league events (e.g. Picture Day) through at least end of Spring Break (April 12) effective immediately. This decision was deliberated thoroughly and is done to protect the safety and well-being of the PALL community - our players, coaches, umpires, and families.
We are considering whether we can continue the Majors division in recognition that for many of our players this will be their last opportunity to play organized baseball. We will follow up with further communication on our determination shortly. We will also review this exception if additional measures are recommended by the Santa Clara Health Department or PAUSD.
Our goal is to create the best possible baseball and life experience for our kids, but the reality is that we are in an uncertain time and the safety and well-being of our families is paramount. As the situation evolves, we will communicate our plans promptly, and we hope to resume play as soon as prudent.
Thanks in advance for your consideration and ongoing support - and please stay safe.
PALL President on behalf of the Palo Alto Little League Board
1) Wipes will be distributed to all teams to be used to clean shared equipment
2) Middlefield Clubhouse and bathrooms will be professionally cleaned once a week
3) Alcohol sanitizers (once they become available) will be placed in the snack bar area and Middlefield dugouts
4) No postgame handshakes, fist or elbow pumps are okay
5) Signs will be placed around fields outlining best practices for preventing the spread of infectious diseases
6) Any player, coach or parent with a cough, fever or any other cold symptoms should not attend practices or games
Our Little League now has access to Big Al’s online training and development programs and resources for all of the Parents and Players in our League for 2020.
- instructional videos of the fundamental skills at both the 4-8 year old and 9-12 year old levels.
- fun drills, games and challenges that you can practice at home so you can get stronger and improve your skills all season long
- Go to www.bigalbaseball.com
- Click on the Membership Code button in the top right corner of the webpage.
- Select the online Parent 4-8 or Parent 9-12 Program…that fits the age of your son or daughter
- To activate your program fill in the registration fields and click CONTINUE.
- Enter your Membership Code PALOPARENTS in the box and then click on the APPLY button. (This will recalculate your membership cost to 00.00.)
- Read and Accept the Terms and Conditions and click on the CHECKOUT button.
- You will be taken to the Login page. Go ahead and Login with your own Username and Password. (Note: depending on your browser and computer settings you may need to enter you UN and PW twice.)
- Please click on the link to your Parent program on the MY PROGRAMS page and enjoy!
Palo Alto Little League
3672 Middlefield Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Connect with us!