Get Ready for 2022-23 Fall Ball
2022-23 FALL BALL GUIDELINES
Birthdates between 9.1.2007 and 8.31.2010 (13- to 15-year-olds): register here.
Birthdates between 9.1.2010 and 8.21.2018 (5- to 12-year-olds): register here.
- Fall Ball is a developmental league for the Spring 2023 Little League season–it is not an extension of the Spring 2022 season.
- Fall Ball is a community-baseball instructional league, and it is not as competitive as the spring season. The goals of Fall Ball are
- Have fun
- Develop skills for the Spring 2023 season
- Registration fees are $250 per player. If late registrations are allowed, there is an additional $100 late fee assessment.
- Registration opens June 20, 2022.
- Registration closes August 11, 2022.
- Player’s assignment to a division is based on the player’s 2023 Little League age, i.e., player’s age as of August 31, 2023.
- Ages 13, 14, and 15 (born between 9.1.07 and 8.31.10)–Juniors/Intermediate
- Ages 11 and 12 (born between 9.1.10 and 8.31.12)–Little League A (PCL/Majors)
- Ages 9 and 10 (born between 9.1.12 and 8.31.14)–Little League B (Minors)
- Ages 7 and 8 (born between 9.1.14 and 8.31.16)–Coach Pitch
- Age 5 and 6 (born between 9.1.16 and 8.31.18)–T-Ball, if there is sufficient interest and field availability and if a sufficient number of coaches are identified
- There are no Fall Ball Wiffle Ball or Challenger divisions.
- All 11- and 12-year-olds must attend a mandatory evaluation session, which will be held on a Saturday following the close of registration.
- Placement on a Fall Ball Little League A team does not guarantee that the player will be placed on a Spring 2023 Majors team.
- Depending on the number of players, there may be tryouts for the Juniors/Intermediate teams.
- Little League A teams are formed by a committee consisting of the Majors player agent, skill evaluators, team managers, and other league administrators. It is expected that teams will be formed within one week of the close of registration. The considerations for Little League A team formations are
- Team balance
- Friend requests (not guaranteed)
- School teams
- Little League B, Coach Pitch, and T-Ball teams are primarily school- and friend-based. The teams are formed by the player agents and the teams will be formed in the days following the close of registration.
- Playing on a Fall Ball Coach Pitch team does not fulfill the one-year requirement of Coach Pitch experience for 8-year-olds hoping to play in the Spring 2023 Minors division.
- There is one weekday and one Saturday game scheduled for every team, every week.
- Little League A and Little League B seasons conclude with single elimination tournaments in late October.
- All games and practices end by October 29, 2022.