Welcome to the Home of Palo Alto Little League
Spring 2021 Update
Dear PALL Families,
Great news! We're all set to start PALL 2021 Spring Season so please register now. Current county guidelines permit the formation of cohorts which allows us to create practice groups until we can start games.
With that in mind, here is our plan to start the Spring 2021 season:
Upper divisions (Majors and PCL)
- Registration will close for Majors and PCL-eligible players on 1/31; all Majors and PCL-eligible players registering after 1/31 will be placed on a waitlist until we have enough to form another cohort
- Majors and PCL players participate in spring training from 2/8 to 2/26 in stable practice-only cohorts led by professional and volunteer coaches
- Spring training practice cohorts will be formed by the Majors and PCL player agents
- Majors and PCL "teams" will be formed via draft during the week of 3/1; and practice, as Spring "teams" will start on 3/8 and if allowed, games starting on 3/20
- No formal tryouts will be conducted except for new younger players who did not participate in the spring training sessions
Lower divisions (AAA and below)
- Registration will remain open until 3/1, teams will start practice on 3/6 and if allowed, games starting on 3/20
We know that this is a departure from how we've conducted things in the past but our goal is to get kids on the field as quickly and safely as possible. The plan assumes the County will move Santa Clara into the red tier by March to allow us to resume games. If not, we plan to continue with a practice-only format until games can resume.